Should you read this?: Yes, for reasons above and who doesn't want to read about a genius boy and his sidekick dog creating crazy new inventions with hilarity and craziness that follows? Also, there are good morals to each story :)
Story Rating: Four out of Five Robots as it is well written and is a good page turner.
Art Rating: Four out of Five Paintbrushes. He does a great job with his expressive illustrations :)
Grade/Age Level: Grade 1+ (This will also depend on your student's reading level.)
Can I find it in the Primary School Library? Yes! Ask Ms. Pantzlaff for one of these great titles in our library OR she is also taking orders until THIS THURSDAY (November 21st) for a discounted price :) You can see his three great titles below.
1) What is your favorite color? I like all the colors, because I use all of them to draw with!
2) How long does it take you to draw out and write a book? About 8 months! 3 months to write the story, and 6 months to draw it.
3) How young were you when you made your first book? I made my first comics when I was only five or six-- before I even knew how to write. I would draw the pictures and then have my mom write in the words. I didn't make a full book though until I was 22 or 23.
4) What is your favorite food? Again, I like all foods! I can't think of any kind of food that I particularly don't like. If I had to pick though, I'd say my favorite food is sushi.
5) Have you gone on any trips? I've been to and live in Japan three times.
6) What is your favorite Halloween costume? My friend dressed up as Sully from Monsters Inc. That was really cool.
7) What is your favorite kid's book (from when you were a kid) (at the age you are now)? When I was a kid I loved Garfield. Now that I'm older I like Bone, by Jeff Smith.
8) How old are you? 26
9) Do you watch movies to come up with picture/story ideas? Sometimes-- I study movies to see how they tell good stories.
10) When did you start writing? I've been making up and writing stories since I was little.
You can check out his mal and chad website at http://malandchad.com/ or his personal website at http://stephenmccranie.com/